Phil says :
"Openness" is something I take so seriously that it's in the name (OPTIMAES). That's why I use and believe in wiki as the main vehicle for discussion. Anyone can edit it, and I trust you to, too.
But there are some house rules which I, as editor, will be enforcing. I invite you to follow them, and to enforce them too.
- The most important thing to realize is that Criticism is welcome. I believe that criticism is good. A certain amount of conflict is good. And consensus is a symptom of epistemic exhaustion (WeArePartisan). However some kinds of criticism are better than others. See WeNeedYourCriticism to understand which.
- Spamming is out. Adverts and other irrelevant stuff will be removed.
- Personal insults? I don't mind being personally insulted if it's a) relevant, and b) witty or makes a valid point in a concise way. But everyone has the right to remove insults against them.
- Removing stuff you don't agree with? Don't do it. If you don't agree, post a criticism or counter-argument. If it's a troll, refactor it to the TrollBin.
- Intellectual Property : All OPTIMAES code is released under the GnuGeneralPublicLicense. If you write your own code from scratch you can release it under any license you like. But everything you write here is presumed to be in the public domain as defined by the CreativeCommons? license. That, by the way, is a legal requirement, for posting here. If you can't legally post the text under CC license, you aren't allowed to post it here.
- OTOH if you find a violation of your intellectual property here you can delete it yourself.