Money agents use a simple auction mechanism.
- for each agent, a
- for each resource in surplus, s
- auction that surplus to the neighbourhood
An auction works like this
- while there are still more than one neighbour in the bidding process
- for each neighbour, n
- n may choose to bid an amount of money 1 higher than the previous highest bid
currently n will bid currentPrice+1 if :
- neighbour has currentPrice+1 in money
- neighbour needs the auctioned resource
Clearly there could be a lot of alternative algorithms for auctions and deciding when to bid. For example, this biding algorithm will, if necessary, blow it's entire budget on one needed resource, regardless of other needs or other potential sellers.