Who's behind this?
At the start :
with valuable advice and inspiration from
If you're interested in joining / hanging around here, you can add your name to the list, and create a homepage where you can describe yourself, write comments etc.
- GrahamLally - never touched Python, no economic background, and probably not enough time, but hey, looks interesting...
- Welcome Graham, you also win the prize for first bug fix :-) -- PhilJones
- JoaoNeves - not an economist, just a guy who likes to think (I'm pretty fond of dynamic systems).
- hi Joao. Welcome, and thanks for thinking some of your thoughts out loud here. Good questions and points for us to think about -- PhilJones
- JeanFrancoisNoubel - Can you imagine I discovered your site while writing some specs about simulation tools for alternative currencies? Yes, true, magic! This is like discovering another brother in the wild wide world! The wiki I am in charge of is http://www.TheTransitioner.org, it is all about Collective Intelligence (http://www.thetransitioner.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=About+Collective+Intelligence) and Economy. The aim is to build intelligent currencies at large scale. We have a lot to do together!
- FrancoisRey - Indeed, there is magic going on here. I discovered your site through Jean-Franšois's wiki which I have just discovered, and I am also interested in complementary currencies and simulation. In fact I had in mind to use investigate MASON (http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/mason/) and RePast? (http://repast.sourceforge.net/) as potential base frameworks, and I now definitely want to look at your stuff too. We definitely need to talk more.
- AlexanderKomarov - Found your site with "complementary currency" + social query on google. I am also doing a complementary currency project using Python for the reference code. I used to have some simulations, but now I will use yours ;)
- PijusVirketis - I am a (macro)economist. I strongly prefer Python for everything but strictly statistical work, so much so that I would be willing to work with/for a project in its infancy, rather than use an established non-Python tool (e.g. RePast? or NetLogo?), if there is a good chance of getting a critical mass going here.
- MattisManzel - just dropped in here via the WikiNode of Potlatch-wiki: fascinating. I like that.
Note, you don't have to agree with us to be part of this project. WeArePartisan, but WeNeedYourCriticism. If you want to disagree, join in.